On Sunday the 29th of April the Sapphire Coast runners hosted our first ever club trail run at Mandeni MTB Park.
We had a 10k and a 2k kids dash.
I was one of the organisers and it was great to see behind the scenes and how much work it takes to set up an event!
We were delighted to get 50 runners in the 10k and 25 kids plus family and volunteers!
Kicking off at 10am it was a lot of people’s first trail and with bridges gates snakes and lots of switch backs it was so much fun!
Lock in the 4th of November for the next trail event! Won’t be the same format so stay tuned 🙂
Here is a summary from the SCR about all those who helped 🙂
WOW! What a huge success our first official trail event was at Merimbula’s Mandeni Golf and Fun Park today!
Photos are being added as we post, and full results will be posted soon
In the meantime, join us in thanking all the awesome people that made it happen
– Peter and the crew at Mandeni for their awesome location and making us so welcome
– Club Sapphire for providing the post-run BBQ supplies
– The tireless Sapphire Coast Runners committee for their ongoing commitment to bringing great running events to our community
– SportsPower Bega & Merimbula for on day spot prizes
– Our on-day volunteers: Steph Auston, Kim Loveday, James Lukassen, Brett Roberts, Tammy Edmonds, Davina Hewes, Peter Dickson, Richard Lane, Geoff Pursell, Donella Roberts, Glenn Edmonds, Skylar Roberts, Barry Hewes
– Each and every entrant, and their supporting friends and family
And YES, we will be making this a series… so expect an announcement soon about the next SCR Trail Event!
Can’t wait for the next one!